Where We Started
Our parent company was founded by the Cronin family of Portland, Oregon. We are proud to be a fifth-generation locally-owned and family-operated business since 1878.
Where We Went
The P.J. Cronin Company - a Harness & Saddlery manufacturing company. Located at 123 Front Street, Portland, OR. Founded by Patrick J. Cronin who immigrated from Killarney, Ireland.Return to Timeline
Where We Went
At the onset of WWI, the Cronin Company had a contract with the U.S. Government to supply the military with artillery harnesses.Return to Timeline
How We Changed
As transportation evolved from horse-drawn carriages to automobiles, P. J. Cornin's son, A. M. Cronin distributed automotive parts. In 1921, the Cronin Company moved into a new two-story building at NW 10th & Flanders - Downtown Portland, Oregon.Return to Timeline
Expanding Our Reach
In 1930 executives of the Cronin organization foresaw a huge increase in the use of electrical equipment in the home and organized Electrical Distributing, Inc. in order to handle appliances entirely separate from the automotive store. A. M. Cronin, Jr., grandson of P. J. Cronin was placed in charge of EDI.Return to Timeline
Predicting the Future
THE FUTURE IS NOW
What is Next?
The Cronin Company expands yet again as a fully-dedicated appliance retailer catering to builders, developers, and designers. The BASCO showroom opens in the heart of the Pearl district, located in Downtown Portland, Oregon.Return to Timeline